The template engine
The template engine consists of the following sections:
- Application templates are responsible for generating the
html for a single page. You will find pages such as 'home' and 'registration'.
- Wrapper templates, which is basically your header and footer.
You can create different wrapper templates for different looking pages.
- CSS stylesheets contain, not completely surprisingly, your css stylesheets.
- Email templates contain welcome emails, moderator emails, tell a friend emails, etc.
These are the base components and concepts you will use to build your next application:
- Components allow you to generate views for data in the system.
- Variables contain single values with dynamic data.
- Actions respond to form submissions, to add or change data.
It's a good idea to get accustomed with all these concepts. Often it these will be easy to pick up as you're working on your site,
but to create a well-structured and maintainable application it's better to understand exactly how and why they work.